QUICK REFERENCE PLANTING GUIDE
1. Light/Sun Exposure - Indirect sunlight or good indoor lighting.
2. USDA Hardiness Zones - Houseplant.
3. Planting Distance - 4 to 6 feet apart.
4. Mature Height/Spread - Grows up to 3 feet tall from a 4-6 inch chute.
5. Bloom Time - N/A.
6. Planting Instructions - Grows in water only, but can also be planted in a well-drained potting soil. Place the unrooted bamboo chutes in a slender vase with water that is close to room temperature as you would with cut flowers. The water only needs to cover 1 inch of the base of the chutes.
Lucky Bamboo is as foolproof as any houseplant you can grow. They will adapt to any indoor environment. The only care needed is an occasional watering and a very infrequent cleaning of the foliage. As with most indoor foliage plants, the leaves should be kept clean and free of dust build-up. This can be done with a mild soap and water solution (not detergent). A light wiping off with a sponge or paper towel will keep the foliage clean and healthy.
Change the water every 7-10 days and keep the lower 1 inch of the chutes submerged.
This Asian treasure looks especially stunning in a clear vase with decorative rocks, marble or moss. They can be incorporated into bouquet or arrangements as stately, exotic chutes. Feel free to use your imagination.
Multiplying or propagating Lucky Bamboo is very easy. By using a clean, sharp knife or florist scissors, the cutes can be "topped" by cutting just above a node. Try using a 4-6 inch cutting and place in water just as you did with the unrotted chutes you received. Over time you can share the luck and fortune of your Lucky Bamboo with friends and relatives.
CAUTION: Not all plant material is edible. Though most plants are harmless, some contain toxic substances which can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, or other discomforts. As a general rule, only known food products should be eaten. In case of ingestion, please contact your local poison control center at once and advise them of the plant ingested. Keep out of reach of children.